Friday, July 28, 2006

Tanglewood Circa 1936

Jenny, Her Mom, Her Dad, and I went to Tanglewood on the MA/NY border this past weekend. It was an all Mozart concert by the Boston Syphony Orchestra. Now.. I gotta tell ya.. I really really want to be an elitest snob that looks down on the rest of you uncultured swine with a patronizing grin... but... it looks like it's just not in the cards for me this life.

Let me explain. The picnic with her folks rocked! Andy (the chef! -- yeah yeah.. doctor schmocter.. he missed his calling in life if you ask me) made us an amazing picnic. That... was fun times. Cookies, sammiches, Gatorade, etc. This is something I could do every weekend. Now.. comes the part where I try with all my might to be snooty and I just can't hang.

A. Classical music is pretty damn good (check one for the snooty column!)
B. Sitting in hardwood chairs from 1936 is worse than a plane ride
C. Everyone there was like 150 years old and sleeping by the time the conductor waved his lazy, ass sitting down, hands.
D. No food or drink where we were sitting
E. My butt hurt so much
F. No one claps at the end of the song (fine! I'll say "end of the Piece" so I feel a bit snootier)
E. Its like a long plane ride where the captain has decided that you no longer need a refreshing drink, peanuts, your electronic devices, or your seat cushion.

Ok .. done ranting! lol

All in all it was a great time. I think next time the best bet is to be on the lawn with your picnic while enjoying some killer classical.

Here are some photos:


The place was beautiful


It was cold when we got there so we all got hoodies! I love any excuse to buy a hoody.


Nap-A-Saures opted for a blanket :)


A wedding gift from my Aunt. Came in handy already!

2 comments:

CatSpit said...

That is a fierce hamper full of goodies. I love how your bashing goes on for several specific points and then you summarise with 'all in all it was a great time'.. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time! I absolutely love Tanglewood - I went a few years ago, but it is an amazing place to spend a Saturday!