Thursday, March 22, 2007

World of Warboxing

So since November of 05 when I dislocated and subsequently had surgery on my shoulder I have been ass deep into World of Warcraft. I loved martial arts so much but my joints simply wouldn't hold up :( And in true JJ fashion I picked a new hobby and tried to absolutely kill it.

I picked World of Warcraft. It's a super rich and immersive video game experience that requires a great amount of dedication and leadership. But after 12 months of driving Jenny crazy with my "Raid Nights" I think it may be time to pick a new hobby..

I went out and bought boxing gloves today at lunch and boxed my good friend Mike - 6ft 7inch 290lb -Bundy. Needless to say I wasn't overly successful in my endeavor to kick a giants ass. With that being said.. I forgot how much I love to compete physically.. and how much I love the art and sport of fighting...

Maybe my arm is good enough to get into MMA? Maybe I'll be in a sling in a few months? Whatever it is.. I need passion in my life.. I need a hobby I can't ever master... and I need it soon.

Jay Random Thoughts for the Blogosphere Johnson

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should do MMA for sure! Give it a try and hope for the best as far as your arm goes. I'm pretty sure you're friend Mike is actually 282lbs and not 290 though.........

P.S.
F WOW

Silver said...

So we'll finally see you again after a year absence? Werd sucka! You wanna box? Bring it, I'll spar with ya.

BTW, I've dropped tons of weight since you last saw me. I'm down to 188lbs now. w00t!

GGW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CatSpit said...

What a great piece of advice, Gus. Good on you.

Anonymous said...

You must break free of the evil clutches of World of Warcrack.

come...to...the...light

k o w said...

I've gotten back into the actual gym over the winter. Lifting was never my thing, still isn't, but I'm finding myself enjoying the living shit out of the rock wall all over again.

MMA is fun. I mix it up now and then mostly working with Sambo. Really it's more of a physical form of chess for me now. Friends and I will get into a guard and try and work our way out.

As for boxing I've never been much of a striker.