Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Surgery...... ouch!

Appendix, I hate you!
Ok so most of you know I went in to have my appendix out on Friday. According to the surgeon it was the worst he has ever done! hahaha. I guess it was welded to my insides and hard as a rock. The surgery took 4x longer than planned and I stayed the night instead of being released that day.

I've taken the last few days to recover but I'm feeling way better and I made it into work today finally. Now I have to catch up on emails. Ugg!

Funny things of note that day

- Hospital time is about 5 hours off of GMT and any other standard of actual time keeping.

- When they shave you, you shouldn't gigle and wink

- When they say you don't need to put your clothes in the bag clearly marked for your clothes it simply means that they want to lose your clothes so you can never leave the damn hospital.

- When you tell the anesthesiologist (had to look that word up!) that you are going to fight the medicine to see how long you can last... they may just blind side you with Valium so you don't even make it to the damn room to start counting.

- When a team of resident wakes you up to tell you that some noob stuck herself with your needle during the operation don't tell them "The last time I had the HiV I just used bleach and I was good to go". They may or may not find that funny

- On a serious note. You can literally negotiate almost anything in a hospital. From your need for company while you urinate to what you should be eating to when you can be discharged. Pretty funny.

Ok.. back to work for me. Yay out of the house!

2 comments:

CatSpit said...

Welcome back to the land of the living, mate. Glad to hear you're fighting fit. So no sucker punches in your future eh?

LSG said...

I loved the hospital tips. ;)